Below is a set of media assets for the CAT-5 Hurricane Netting system. This includes printable media, logos for both print and web, and linkable banners to place on your web site.
Cat-5 Hurricane Netting System List and Description - DOWNLOAD DOC VERSION
The following is official copy that may be utilized to describe and promote the amazing CAT-5 Hurricane Netting System:
FLORIDA BUILDING CODE APPROVED FOR HVHZ!!
Florida Building Code Approvals # 7625, # 8220 & # 9023
The Revolutionary CAT-5 Hurricane Netting System
Light-Admitting Netting That Can Stop A Hurricane In Its Tracks!
Until now, the only way to protect your home from the devastating effects of a hurricane was to install hurricane shutters on doors and windows.
However, conventional shutters aren’t designed to protect your roof, cars, boats, mobile homes, commercial signs or anything else that doesn’t conform to the traditional shutter shapes.
Now There’s A Solution:
The CAT-5 Hurricane Netting System… A revolutionary system that can protect your precious valuables from the destructive forces of a hurricane! It can also protect one of the most important (and expensive) areas of your home—YOUR ROOF!
CAT-5 is a revolutionary storm protection system that was developed by the collaborative efforts of engineers and manufacturers with decades of experience in the storm protection industry.
The key to CAT-5’s incredible stopping and hold down power is the net and patent -pending clamp system. Its advanced design can dramatically reduce a hurricane’s destructive wind pressures by at least 63% - enough to diffuse even the strongest hurricane winds.
Strong Enough for the Toughest Storms
With a properly engineered installation, CAT-5’s netting is designed to withstand even Category 5 storms. Reinforced with thousands of fibers per square inch in each direction, it provides incredible strength. In fact, there was no laboratory wind force that could be generated to tear the net material. The result... storm protection without the worry of impact, uplift, or overturning.
Installs Quickly and Easily
The CAT-5 system is designed to install quickly and easily. No special tools are required. Specially designed nylon clamps hold the fabric securely in a variety of configurations when custom cut. The fabric can be cut smaller to fit, and can be joined together to cover a larger surface such as a roof.
Use Alone or in Combination with Storm Shutters
CAT-5 is designed to be used alone, or in combination with your existing hurricane shutters. But unlike shutters, CAT-5 deflects and slows the wind, while still letting air “breathe” into a structure before, during, and after a storm. It also allows light to pass through – a tremendous benefit during power outages.
The Perfect Protection for Your Roof
Until now, there was no hurricane protection system for preventing damage to your roof. CAT-5 diffuses hurricane- force winds, and helps hold shingles, tiles, metal and pea gravel roofs in place, preventing them from blowing off. It also helps secure trusses and roof members to the structure below.
Passed ASTM E-1886, E-1996, E-330, Miami-Dade Testing TAS 201, 202, 203, for large missile impact and cyclical loading up to 93 psf design loads considering porosity of material. See instructions, limitations, and approvals for more information.
It “shares” the wind with whatever it's protecting so it slows down the wind and disrupts vortex forces created around corners and roof edges, breathing acceptable levels of wind to whatever its protecting.
- The netting is approximately 50% closed so strong, turbulent winds are reduced to a manageable and diffused breeze.
- These reduced pressures can be easily handled by whatever it is protecting, and without the worry of impact, uplift, or overturning.
- Reinforced with thousands of fibers per square inch in each direction to provide its unique strength.
- Wind forces could not be generated to tear the fabric.
- Can be cut to size without loss of integrity to surrounding fibers.
- Used to secure the netting in any configuration
- Patent-pending clamping system specially designed to withstand direct impact and extreme wind uplift
- Unique design and durable composition give it exceptional strength and holding power
- Nickel plated brass grommets installed 6” on center over a hemmed edge.
- Grommets are placed through a stitched leatherette patch to provide enhanced strength.
- Facilitates ease of net-to-net connection, and connections to anchors either using rope, straps, or directly connected.
Advantages of the System
- Easy to install
- More affordable than many hurricane protection products
- Protects more than just windows and doors
- Admits light and air before, during and after a storm
- No sharp edges, lightweight, ease of storage
- Protects things that standard hurricane shutters cannot protect
- Allows for fast access in and out of structure
- Prevents fire risk associated with other storm protection products
Residential, Commercial & Retail Applications
- Garage doors
- Mobile homes
- Cars, boats and planes
- Windows and doors
- Satellite Dishes
- Solar Panels
COMMERCIAL & RETAIL
- Auto dealerships and marinas
- Gas Station Pumps/Metal Roofs
- A/C units on buildings
- Store signage
- School Portables
- Storefronts and landscaping
- Outside stored inventory
- Construction job sites and equipment
- Farm Equipment
How it’s available:
- 7.5’ x 25’
- 7.5’ x 50’
- 8’ x 12 ½’
- 8’ x 25’
- 8’ x 50’
- All sizes are grommeted 6” on center around entire perimeter
- Clamps and tie-down accessories included
- Extra clamps and storage bags available for purchase
- Contained in an colorful, attractive Point-of-Purchase Package
- Complete system contained in an easy to carry storage bag